Strongsville MIddle School opened in August, 2016 and is home to nearly 1,200 students in 6th - 8th grades. SMS curriculum is taught by a highly qualified staff, and provides students with stimulating opportunities to master both required and elective studies. Our students choose from a wide variety of challenging and competitive extra- and co-curricular activities to help them grow and develop as they prepare for high school. SMS also features fall, winter, and spring athletic opportunities in 7th and 8th grade.
Strongsville Middle School is committed to providing the greatest opportunities and meeting the educational needs of every student. Our focus is ensuring our educational environment reflects high standards and quality work.
Per the American Rescue Plan and the Ohio Department of Education, Strongsville City Schools has developed a "Continuity of Services Plan" for 2021-22. This plan addresses continuing COVID-19 mitigation strategies, as well as continuity plans for academic services, social-emotional/mental health services, and food services. Periodic reviews and opportunities for public input will be available during the 2021-22 school year. Click HERE for a link to the complete plan.
- Strongsville City Schools has been honored with the “Best Communities for Music Education” designation from The National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM) Foundation for its outstanding commitment to music education.
- This is the eighth straight year the District has earned this distinction. Strongsville is one of 686 school districts nationwide to be recognized by NAMM, and one of just 20 school districts in Northeast Ohio to receive this prestigious award in 2021.
- Strongsville City Schools and Locals 290 and 028 of the Ohio Association of Public School Employees (OAPSE) have agreed on a three year contract extension to the current contract agreement.
- These local groups of OAPSE include transportation, custodial/maintenance, food services, educational support, office support, and technology staff in the District.
- Our District is excited to announce a partnership agreement with the nationally recognized school enrichment provider, Right At School, to provide before- and after-school care for elementary students this fall.
- Right at School will be offering before- and after-school care every weekday (Monday-Friday) at each of the elementary school buildings in our District, beginning in August, 2021.